Operating System Compatibility
Effective from v4.0.1 Doors.NET software IS NOT COMPATIBLE with the following Windows operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows RT
(The last supported Doors.NET version for the above operating systems is 18.104.22.168 (SP1)).
Doors.NET software IS COMPATIBLE with:
(both 32-bit and 64-bit where applicable)
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10 - including the Home version
- Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
All of these operating systems support Microsoft .NET Framework v4.6.2.
SQL Server Compatibility
If SQL is ALREADY on your computer:
- The Doors.NET installer will poll the host computer and use the SQL version that is already installed. This is true for both new Doors.NET installations and for Doors.NET upgrades.
For new Doors.NET installations on computers WITHOUT SQL installed:
- If SQL server is not present, then SQL Server 2016 Express will be installed.
- The Doors.NET installer will install clients and gateways, but WILL NOT INSTALL SQL. You will have to manually install the SQL revision appropriate for your operating system.
- Keri recommends installing SQL Server 2014 (the last SQL Server supporting 32-bit computers).
SQL Server versions 2008 and 2012 are also compatible.
The following link will take you to Microsoft's SQL Server Express 2014 download page:
Effective from Doors.NET v4.0.2, the Photo ID client can no longer be activated via the internet. Instead you must use the 'Phone Activation'. The is due to a company policy change with the third party vendor, ImageWare Systems. For Phone activation, their contact number is: 001 858 673 8600.
All future versions of Doors.NET will be available from the Software Downloads section of the Kerisys.com website and will be in the form of regular, incremental releases.
- SQL 2005 will NOT install on operating systems Windows 8 and higher.
- SQL 2016 will NOT install on any 32-bit computer starting with Windows 7 and higher.
- A Windows 7 OS can support SQL 2005 (the last Windows operating system able to do so).
In Doors.NET for All Products
Corrected an issue where auto unlock schedules and FPI were not being reactivated when returning to normal state from a manual global lock command. Readers using FPI will be set at their original online mode. If FPI is active a card presentation will be required to activate FPI and unlock the door.
- Added the ability to sync host PC time and controller time per a daily schedule.
Updates the EpiSuite badging driver to the current revision from ImageWare providing support for more cameras and addresses changes made in directory structure by ImageWare.
- Changed how Show Camera on Filter operates such that it will now allow you to select a video popup on just a specific message, and if you select by Device Type it will create a video popup on any event message for that device.
- Added client login verification to determine if the same client is trying to login to the UI multiple times. If a client login is already established, the new login attempt will be denied.
- Added the ability for the UI to disconnect a client should the client's PC enter sleep mode. This frees an unused client slot for another client to use.
Added the ability to set a timeout value for inactive clients. This releases inactive clients from the UI allowing other clients to gain access.
- Corrected an issue with saved global linkage macros not displaying correctly if you go back to review or edit them.
- Corrected a System Calendar issue that affected the performance of multiple macros scheduled to execute at the same calendar time.
Added a link to Keri's product Knowledge Base to the Functions Menu. This link takes you to Keri's online Knowledge Base which contains additional product support, installation, and troubleshooting information.
- Corrected an issue when setting multiple interval time schedules that displayed a code value and not the actual day-of-week value.
Added the ability to use the USB Enrollment reader in conjunction with the badging client.
- Corrected a sporadic installation issue that created an application server error.
Corrected a database scanning issue on software upgrades where the installer might not locate an SQL 2016 database.
- Changed how expiration dates are displayed for temporary card holders. Originally an expiration date displayed the first time the card was presented to a reader. Now it displays when the card is enrolled.
Corrected a Primary/Secondary reader pairing issue. If a reader originally stood alone and then was paired with a Primary reader, the new Secondary reader kept it's original properties instead of applying the properties of the Primary reader. A newly assigned Secondary reader now applies the Primary reader's properties.
- Changed the badging search client so that it remembers and applies the last search criteria used depending upon if Basic or Advanced search is used.
Added password protection to the Maximum Events setting to make it a concious decision to change this value as it directly affects the tracking of event history.
- Corrected an issue when adding a card using the live events wizard that would list cards twice on the cardholder screen.
Corrected an issue when exporting report data in Excel format that prevented Excel from recognizing the data.
- Corrected a cardholder reporting issue where the Expiration Date field could be blank.
Specific to Visual Doors Software
Specific to PXL-LC Controllers
Specific to Entraguard Controllers
Specific to NXT Controllers
- Corrected an issue where temporary unlock status wasn't being reported correctly for long unlock intervals.
Specific to NXT (MSC) Controllers
Specific to Assa Abloy Aperio
Updates to the following Aperio Lock features:
Specific to Allegion Hardware
Beginning with v4.0.2, Doors.NET has added support for the Allegion NDE and LE locksets (when using the Mercury EP1502 and EP4502 controllers).
Apartment Mode support where card access did not keep a door unlocked.
- Force double-card to ON for Office Mode.
- Improvements to Wakeup on Radio (WoR) feature.
- Corrected an issue when saving properties on Allegion AD300 locks.
Specific to SimonsVoss Hardware
- Provided SimonsVoss Lock support.
With Doors.NET Software Installation:
- Doors.NET installation may fail if a Windows Update is in progress or a computer (due to a Windows Update) is pending. Please make sure all Windows Updates have been completed prior to installing Doors.NET.
Current Firmware Revisions
For NXT Controllers and Peripherals:
- Standard NXT Controllers - 2.05.68
- NXT Readers - 4.00.03
- Standard Reader Interface Modules (RIMs) - 3.03.21
- Wiegand-Only Reader Interface Modules (RIMs)
- 3.03.21 provides single-line LED support for Wiegand-Only RIMs
- 3.03.10 provides dual-line LED support for Wiegand-Only RIMs
- 4x4 I/O Modules - 3.00.03
- GIOX Motherboard - 1.00.21
- GIOX Input Module - 1.00.10
- GIOX Output Module - 1.00.10
- Standard PXL Controllers - 8.6.09
- Legacy PXL Controllers - 8.5.22 (requires a Legacy license for operation - minimum allowable firmware revision is 8.4.49)
- Standard Titanium and Silver - 7.8.02
- Legacy Titanium and Silver - 7.6.13 (requires a Legacy license for operation)
- Standard Platinum - 9.2.02
- Legacy Platinum - 9.1.09 (requires a Legacy license for operation)
For Mercury Powered NXT Controllers:
NXT MSC FW - 1.251
- Corrected an issue with controllers in networks with unusually high traffic. A Mercury Powered NXT controller may receive too many network overrun errors, resulting in that controller temporarily removing itself from the network. Under certain conditions, that controller may not return to the network, requiring power cycling the controller to bring it back online.
- Spanish (Castilian)
Translations* Pending Updates:
- Arabic (UAE)
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional/Taiwan)
- French (France)
* These translation file sets are not yet complete pending submissions from our translators. If you use these translations you will find mislabeled and/or non-translated ribbon and menu fields in some sections of the program. Non-translated fields will be displayed in US English.
Click here for a release history summary.