Operating System Compatibility
Beginning with v184.108.40.206, Doors.NET software is NO LONGER COMPATIBLE with any version of Windows XP.
Doors.NET software IS NOT compatible with the Home/Basic version of Windows Vista and Windows 7. This is due to networking restrictions built into the Home/Basic versions of these earlier Windows operating systems. Doors.NET IS NOT compatible with Windows RT.
Doors.NET software IS compatible with the Business, Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise versions (both 32-bit and 64-bit where applicable) of Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 Pro, and Windows 10; as well as Windows Server versions 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, and 2012 (both 32-bit and 64-bit where applicable). Doors.NET software IS compatible with the Home version of Windows 10.
Operating System and SQL Server End-of-Life Notifications
Keri is ending its support in Doors.NET for older, obsolete Microsoft Operating Systems and SQL Server programs.
For a computer with the Windows Server 2003 operating system:
- Doors.NET will perform a software upgrade from an older software release to the v220.127.116.11 software release, but will NOT allow a new software installation.
- For the next Doors.NET release, v18.104.22.168, Doors.NET will NOT support either new installations or software upgrades.
With the Doors.NET v22.214.171.124 release support for SQL 2005 also ends. The Doors.NET installation program will manage any SQL upgrades from SQL 2005 to a newer SQL release.
SP-1 addresses a possible event indexing issue that may cause event records to become unavailable for review. When Doors.NET starts, it assumes that certain supporting tasks are started in a specific order as some tasks are dependent upon other tasks already being running. We have discovered that under certain conditions this start up order is not followed correctly (typically on a system cold boot, but other circumstances have been noted). SP-1 ensures key tasks are started and are operational prior to secondary tasks being started.
New Product Support
BioSync Fingerprint Readers
Keri now offers the BioSync Fingerprint Reader line. Four models are currently available, along with an enrollment reader. More models will be added to this line as they become available.
- BioSync KBF-1FP - fingerprint only
- BioSync KBF-2PR - fingerprint + proximity reader (NXT and 125KHz HID capable)
- BioSync KBF-2SC - fingerprint + Mifare reader
- BioSync KBF-3KP - fingerprint + keypad/PIN
- BioSync KBF-ENR - fingerprint/credential enrollment reader
The product line also has optional single and dual-gang mounting plates, and an RS-485 to TCP/IP converter providing Ethernet connectivity.
USB Enrollment Reader
Keri has implemented the PCProx USB Enrollment Reader. This allows a wide variety of credentials to be presentation enrolled into the Doors.NET program. The Doors.NET program will automatically detect when this reader is plugged into the PC system and will add an Enrollment Icon in the cardholder screen. Click the icon and upon credential presentation the credential's value is entered into the cardnumber field. The operator can then complete the enrollment.
NOTE: The PCProx USB Enrollment Reader is NOT compatible with Keri NXT and MS credentials. While this enrollment reader may generate data from a Keri credential presentation, the data generated bears no resemblance to the actual Keri credential data. Keri credential types must be enrolled using the existing processes within Doors.NET.
Mercury EP4502 Controller
Doors.NET now supports the new Authentic Mercury EP-4502 Controller.
In Doors.NET for All Products
- Implemented a new Report Wizard that simplifies the process of creating, running, and saving reports.
- Added a Print Icon to all property grids allowing an operator to print the data within these grids.
- Added a Timezone Interval Editor to the timezone configuration screen. This provides an easier method for timezone creation.
- Added an "Add Card" wizard to live events. A right-click on an Access Denied, Not In File or a No CardholderID event in the live events screen allows an operator to create a new cardholder entry or edit an existing cardholder entry.
- The System Calendar option is now available with Standard Edition Doors.NET. Previously it was only available with the Professional Edition.
- Keri has updated to v11 of Teamviewer, the current revision.
Specific to NXT Controllers
Specific to PXL Controllers
NOTE Regarding I/O Linkages:
- The ability to perform PXL I/O linkages in Doors.NET closely matches that of Doors32. The one difference in Doors.NET versus Doors32 is that inputs cannot be assigned to multiple outputs in Doors.NET. Because of this, the Doors32 to Doors.NET database conversion program cannot perform a PXL linkage conversion. When performing a Doors32 to Doors.NET database conversion, PXL linkages will be ignored and will have to be recreated in Doors.NET.
Specific to MSC Controllers
Specific to NXT Readers
New NXT Reader firmware (v4.00.03) now allows NXT Readers to read NXT and 125 KHz HID credentials concurrently.
In Doors.NET for All Products
- Microsoft Aero Glass has been disabled in the program title bar. The Aero Glass feature would create a blurry title screen when using Windows 7 or newer operating systems.
- Added Cardholder Audit as an option for standard operator permissions. Previously, Cardholder Audit was only available for system administrator permissions.
- Added Cardholder Multiple Credentials as an option for standard operator permissions. Previously, Cardholder Multiple Credentials was only available for system administrator permissions.
- Added a new cardholder report that only displays cardholders with multiple credentials.
- Corrected an issue with Elevator Control under multiple concurrent gateways. The gateway running Elevator Control no longer needs to be restarted for proper operation.
- Added a confirmation box when deleting Global Linkage macros to verify the deletion operation.
- Added a test when manually updating firmware on a Keri peripheral to ensure the correct firmware type is being sent. For example, 4x4s can only accept 4x4 firmware, you can no longer force-load RIM firmware onto a 4x4.
- Corrected NXT Door Status showing Closed when the door contact is Disabled.
- Added a test prior to beginning a firmware update to not allow the update if the host computer is already busy due to other applications and programs. In this case the update times out. With this change, a warning window appears displaying CPU usage and recommending steps to reduce CPU usage.
- Corrected an issue where a remote Photo ID client did not properly check for offline controllers, requiring a full update network whenever a cardholder change was made.
- Corrected an issue on systems with multiple clients open. A change on the host client would invoke a message screen that would appear on all clients. The screen could be acknowledged and cleared on the host client, but could not be acknowledged and cleared on remote clients.
Specific to Keri NXT Controllers
- Added new event: "Access Denied - Reader Disabled."
- Added a check when installing multiple NXT gateways at one site to ensure all gateways are at the same revision. This check is valid beginning with the .22 release, but cannot be done when upgrading from older revisions to the current revision. When installing multiple NXT gateways, ensure you are using the same revision across all installations.
Specific to Keri PXL Controllers
- Added new modem configuration parameters to the PXL tab in the License Manager.
Specific to Keri NXT Mercury Powered Controllers and Mercury Hardware
- Corrected an issue where MSC Controllers were not displaying the correct RIM firmware revision following a firmware upgrade.
Specific to GIOX
Specific to ASSA Readers
- Corrected an issue with Wi-Fi/PoE readers reading credentials following an upgrade to Doors.NET v126.96.36.199.
NOTE: If you are upgrading an existing ASSA WiFi/POE installation that uses ASSA driver version 1.2 you must manually remove the existing ASSA driver before running the Doors.NET installer.
Specific to Allegion Readers
Specific to Doors32 to Doors.NET Database Conversions
With Doors.NET Software Installation:
- Doors.NET installation may fail if a Windows Update is in progress or a computer (due to a Windows Update) is pending. Please make sure all Windows Updates have been completed prior to installing Doors.NET.
Current Firmware Revisions
For NXT Controllers and Peripherals:
- Standard NXT Controllers - 2.05.68
- NXT Readers - 4.00.03
- Standard Reader Interface Modules (RIMs) - 3.03.21
- Wiegand-Only Reader Interface Modules (RIMs)
- 3.03.21 provides single-line LED support for Wiegand-Only RIMs
- 3.03.10 provides dual-line LED support for Wiegand-Only RIMs
- 4x4 I/O Modules - 3.00.03
- GIOX Motherboard - 1.00.21
- GIOX Input Module - 1.00.10
- GIOX Output Module - 1.00.10
- Standard PXL Controllers - 8.6.09
- Legacy PXL Controllers - 8.5.22 (requires a Legacy license for operation - minimum allowable firmware revision is 8.4.49)
- Standard Titanium and Silver - 7.8.02
- Legacy Titanium and Silver - 7.6.13 (requires a Legacy license for operation)
- Standard Platinum - 9.2.02
- Legacy Platinum - 9.1.09 (requires a Legacy license for operation)
For Mercury Powered NXT Controllers and Mercury Hardware:
- MSC controllers and Mercury hardware - 1.211
NXT Controller FW - 2.05.68
- Corrected a reader offline/online issue in conjunction with new NXT Reader firmware v4.00.03.
- Improved resistance to RS-485 noise issues.
NXT Readers FW - 4.00.03
- Beginning with NXT Reader firmware v4.00.03, NXT Readers are capable of reading both NXT and HID 125 KHz credentials without any additional firmware or software change. Existing flashable NXT Readers (Readers with firmware v4.00.00 and higher can be flash upgraded to this firmware release).
- Corrected a reader offline/online issue in conjunction with new NXT Controller firmware v2.05.68.
NXT MSC FW - 1.211
- REX monitoring under Line Supervision was not correctly tracking Normally Open and Normally Closed states.
- The GIOX power fault message was not being reported to the software.
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional/Taiwan)
- English (UK)
- French (France)
- Spanish (Castilian)
Translations Pending Updates *:
- Arabic (UAE)
- Dutch (Belgium)
- French (Belgium)
* These translation file sets are not yet complete pending submissions from our translators. If you use these translations you will find mislabeled and/or non-translated ribbon and menu fields in some sections of the program. Non-translated fields will be displayed in US English.
Click here for a release history summary.