Operating System Compatibility
Doors.NET software IS NOT compatible with any Home/Basic version of Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7. This is due to networking restrictions built into the Home/Basic versions of Windows operating systems.
Doors.NET software IS compatible with the Business, Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise versions (both 32-bit and 64-bit where applicable) of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10; as well as Windows Server versions 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, and 2012 (both 32-bit and 64-bit where applicable).
Doors.NET software IS also compatible with the Home version of Windows 10.
Operating System and SQL Server End-of-Life Notifications
Doors.NET is ending its support for older, obsolete Microsoft Operating Systems and SQL Server programs.
For a computer with the Windows XP operating system:
- For the Doors.NET v126.96.36.199 release, Doors.NET will perform a software upgrade from an older software release to this new release, but will not perform a new software installation.
- For the future Doors.NET v188.8.131.52 release, Doors.NET will not perform a new software installation.
For a computer with the Server 2003 operating system:
- For the future Doors.NET v184.108.40.206 release, Doors.NET will perform a software upgrade from an older software release to this new release, but will not perform a new software installation.
- For the future Doors.NET v220.127.116.11 release, Doors.NET will not perform a new software installation.
- With the future Doors.NET v18.104.22.168 release, SQL 2005 support also ends. The Doors.NET installation program will manage any SQL upgrades from SQL 2005 to a newer SQL release.
In Doors.NET for All Products
- Implemented a simplified software installation, licensing, and gateway setup process including a new License Manager program.
- Added an Automatic Backup feature. This feature creates up to 5 backups to the Doors.NET\Backups directory every Friday at 23:00. When the fifth is reached, the oldest backup is overwritten by the new backup. The License Manager has been modified to allow the user to customize location, day/time, and enabled/disabled. Also added the ability to manually perform a backup or schedule a backup using the optional System Calendar feature.
- When adding a new credential using a credential template the credential status set in the template is automatically applied to the new credential.
- Block Enroll default text for the first name field is set to "New" and for the last name field to "Card." Card status is set to active by default.
- The first character in cardholder name fields is now automatically capitalized when enrolling credentials.
- Controllers in the hardware tree are now listed alphabetically by description and not by controller ID number.
- Added Reader Online/Offline message types to the report feature.
- Included an apostrophe as a valid character in cardholder names. Needed for sorting reports by cardholder name.
- An Alert can now be configured to appear top-most on the monitor window and in full screen mode until the Alert is acknowledged.
- Keri has updated to v10 of Teamviewer, the current revision.
Specific to NXT Controllers
- The controller information window now includes the MAC address and will display "NA" for a controller serial number if no serial number is reported.
- Added a warning message if a new NXT Gateway is being installed on a system that already has an NXT Gateway. The new Gateway overwrites the old Gateway.
Specific to PXL Controllers
- I/O labeling in the UI now matches that of the product hardware documentation/labeling.
- Added the Entraguard to the Photo ID feature.
- Added the ability to perform local I/O linkages.
NOTE: Regarding I/O Linkages:
- The ability to perform PXL I/O linkages in Doors.NET closely matches that of Doors32. The one difference in Doors.NET versus Doors32 is that inputs cannot be assigned to multiple outputs in Doors.NET. Because of this, the Doors32 to Doors.NET database conversion program cannot perform a PXL linkage conversion. When performing a Doors32 to Doors.NET database conversion, PXL linkages will be ignored and will have to be recreated in Doors.NET.
Specific to MSC Controllers
- Added a Scan Network button to the main ribbon bar to automate the scanning process.
- Added configurable Reader beeper and LED control.
Specific to NXT Readers
- Added the ability to read standard 125 KHz format, HID credentials. This currently requires a stand alone version of reader firmware be loaded onto the NXT Reader. The Reader is capable of reading either NXT or HID credentials, but not both credential types at the same time.
In Doors.NET for All Products
- Corrected miscellaneous typos and field sizing issues.
- The SMS configuration page had out of date information for certain providers.
- The context sensitive help feature (F1) did not always link to the correct help screen.
- Filters are now cleared every time the Reports page is reopened. Previously, filters previously set were left active until manually cleared.
- Event archiving in a non-default directory was not allowed.
- Certain message types could not be cleared from the Live Events screen.
- Leading zero characters in a PIN are now displayed instead of being truncated.
- Autoconfig is now disabled if the Gateway is offline.
- The Photo ID client would lose track of the Access Group list after repeated disconnections/connections.
- The Global Linkage Trigger list did not properly clear deleted triggers from the list.
- Reports with paired Readers were not displaying the correct Reader descriptions.
- Improved the implementation of the Trace Events feature.
- New categories have been added to the Online Help file, along with an improved
Index and Glossary that makes it easier to locate and search for information.
Specific to Keri NXT Controllers
- The Update Network button was not always being refreshed correctly when cycling between multiple windows.
Specific to Keri PXL Controllers
- Under certain circumstances PXL controllers could go offline unless connection control was set to manual.
- Pause commands were not allowed when entering telephone numbers in Entraguard units.
- Now automatically updating relevant cardholder records whenever a door is added to an access group.
- Improved the efficiency and reporting of Update Network commands.
Specific to Keri NXT Mercury Powered Controllers and Mercury Hardware
- An incorrect firmware revision value was being displayed for 4x4s.
- Multiple I/O links on 4x4s were not being handled correctly.
- Activation/Deactivation date and time for credentials are now enabled by default.
- Now downloads the correct Daylight Savings Time rules by country when a new controller is added.
- Controllers can now be sorted by description in the Hardware Setup window.
- A controller reset is no longer required if an input is configured for a function then reconfigured to its original state.
- Now assigns client connection ports to the Windows Firewall during installation.
- Now performs firmware updates of NXT Readers (requires new MSC firmware v1.201) and correctly displays NXT Reader firmware revision numbers.
- Improved the speed at which MSC controllers perform firmware updates.
- Controller peripherals that require firmware updates can now be updated simultaneously.
Specific to GIOX
- Added event message reporting for various power fault situations, unit tamper, and unit offline conditions.
- Made a variety of improvements when using Elevator Control with a GIOX unit.
Specific to ASSA Readers
- Added an enrollment reader option.
- Added a PIN-only option.
- Now enforcing a maximum of 32 characters for a Reader description.
- Added support for the Aperio IN100.
NOTE: If you are upgrading an existing ASSA WiFi/POE installation that uses ASSA driver version 1.2 you must manually remove the existing ASSA driver before running the Doors.NET installer.
Specific to Allegion Readers
- Adds temp unlock support for the AD-400. MSC firmware v1.201 is required.
Specific to Doors32 to Doors.NET Database Conversions
- Correctly identifies and converts all Wiegand Reader types.
- Defaults to enable printing cardnumbers which displays the cardnumber field if the Photo ID feature is in use.
- Creates a modem COM channel value to accommodate the Remote Phone Number field if this field is enabled.
- Copied Doors32 passwords in an incorrect format requiring a manual correction.
With Doors.NET Software Installation:
- Doors.NET installation may fail if a Windows Update is in progress or pending restart. Please make sure all Windows Updates have been completed prior to installing Doors.NET.
Current Firmware Revisions
For NXT Controllers and Peripherals:
- Standard NXT Controllers - 2.05.60
- NXT Readers - 4.00.00
- NXT Readers with HID capability - 4.00.01
- Standard Reader Interface Modules (RIMs) - 3.03.21
- Wiegand-Only Reader Interface Modules (RIMs)
- 3.03.21 provides single-line LED support for Wiegand-Only RIMs
- 3.03.11 provides dual-line LED support for Wiegand-Only RIMs
- 4x4 I/O Modules - 3.00.03
- GIOX Motherboard - 1.00.21
- GIOX Input Module - 1.00.10
- GIOX Output Module - 1.00.10
- Standard PXL Controllers - 8.6.09
- Legacy PXL Controllers - 8.5.22 (requires a Legacy license for operation - minimum allowable firmware revision is 8.4.49)
- Standard Titanium and Silver - 7.8.02
- Legacy Titanium and Silver - 7.6.13 (requires a Legacy license for operation)
- Standard Platinum - 9.2.02
- Legacy Platinum - 9.1.09 (requires a Legacy license for operation)
For Mercury Powered NXT Controllers and Mercury Hardware:
- MSC controllers and Mercury hardware - 1.201
NXT Controller FW - 2.05.60
- Added new diagnostic tracking features.
- Improved controller performance should the controller be disconnected from the network.
- Updated configuration information was not always being written to backup locations.
- Credential update performance improvements results in credential update times that are at least three times faster.
- Card access is not affected while credential updates are in progress (used to have to wait for sometimes lengthy updates to complete before access would be granted.)
- Error reporting for certain, rare error types could lockup a controller.
- Multiple changes made to better support GIOX hardware.
NXT Readers Revision K and later have firmware that can be upgraded like other Keri peripherals, and includes a boot loader for upgrade fault tolerance.
- 04.00.00 - supports Keri NXT credentials exclusively
- 04.00.01 - supports HID Prox credentials exclusively
A future Reader firmware release will combine these two capabilities into one firmware image.
GIOX Motherboard - 1.00.21
- Added event messages and improvements for various power fault situations, unit tamper, and unit offline conditions.
NXT MSC FW - 1.201
- Adds configurable Reader beeper and LED control.
- Adds temp unlock support for the AD-400.
- Includes a DNS fix when saving IP address from web page if it's static IP.
- Multiple changes made to better support GIOX hardware and to include full Elevator Control support.
- Adds the ability to flash upgrade the flashable NXT Reader.
- Increased the security of the web configuration client.
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional/Taiwan)
- English (UK)
- French (France)
- Spanish (Castilian)
Translations Pending Updates *:
- Arabic (UAE)
- Dutch (Belgium)
- French (Belgium)
* These translation file sets are not yet complete pending submissions from our translators. If you use these translations you will find mislabeled and/or non-translated ribbon and menu fields in some sections of the program. Non-translated fields will be displayed in US English.
Click here for a release history summary.