- An SQL database backup feature has been implemented. A full SQL backup can be performed at any time, manually from the user interface by the System Administrator (Tools > Utilities > Backup). Backups can be scheduled via the system calendar as well. On the system calendar, the backup options are full or incremental. The system calendar option is licensed separately but include more features than just the backup option.
- If a user executed the same save command, multiple times, back-to-back, command communication would fail and report a timeout. Checks have been implemented to filter out multiple instances of the same command.
- The NXT Gateway failed with an exception if a RIM or a GIOX firmware upgrade command was performed multiple times, back-to-back. Checks have been implemented to filter out multiple instances of the same command.
- Corrected an error when creating a Trigger in local linkage, if you select a variable to be false and select save, the "false" value would not be saved.
- The Time Stamp when viewing controller status was not updating. The NXT Gateway has been updated to include sending the timestamp as part of the controller status report.
- Improved NXT Gateway data throughput when handling large numbers of readers and cardholders.
- Added checking to the System Update process to verify that if there has been no changes to a database, there is no need to update that database.
- The software installer now checks for an open client before performing an installation. If a client is open, the installer presents a dialog box requesting the client be closed before the installation can continue.
- Improved the process by which the software installer removes a previous installation prior to performing a new installation.
- Corrected the Gateway Wizard tab order to correctly follow the flow of operations.
- The software installer did not properly configure the UK English language set for operators who selected UK English.
- Improved cardholder access rights configuration. Following a specific set of operations, cardholder access rights could be reset to default values.
- With the Time and Attendance option enabled, the Rollcall/Tracking feature did not properly follow cardholder state through In/Out readers.
- When in monitor mode, the Gateway would continue to send events to the Application Server when the Application Server was off line. The Gateway now recognizes if the Application Server is off line and halts monitoring mode.
- The Application Server time stamp showing in the Auto-config status message did not match the computer's time. It was off by the difference between local time and GMT. The Server time now correctly adjusts for the GMT difference.
- If you let the system auto generate PINs, you could not change from default value of 6 digits. The program should now allow you to set the number of digits and then auto generate PINs.
Firmware Updates for Hardware Components:
- Under certain conditions, typically when “hot-swapping” readers or in unusually EMI noisy environments, the RIM’s Data0 and Data1 lines could be pulled into a both-lines-low state. This is illegal per the Wiegand specification, and because of this it was not properly managed by the firmware. Changes were made in the firmware to recognize this state and prevent this condition from being processed.
- There is a communication time out issue in that a communication attempt can timeout before it is completed on a slow network such as a wireless network or VPN, or if a very large number of credentials are sent to a controller.